I know yesterday's announcement extending the return date hit you all the hardest. Trust me, it cuts me deep every time I have to go to the calendar and mark something off that I know we won’t be able to reschedule. (Remember, I’m a Senior mom, too.) I know your attention is finely tuned on the big events – Prom, Banquets, and Graduation services. I will try to address each one separately for clarity.
- First…Seniors, do your work & turn it in! This is it! There will be little to no opportunity to salvage your grades when you get back. It could be the difference between you getting to graduate or not. JUST DO IT!! (Sorry…had to sneak that one in there.)
- First, please know that we will need to be back in school before we can host any of these events. If the Governor continues to request that schools remain closed, then we will have no choice but to move these dates to correspond with this request. Moving forward, we will evaluate each event in this order - (1) keep it the same, if possible, (2) move the date/location but keep the event, or (3) if no other choice exists, cancel.
- Prom is currently scheduled for Saturday, April 25 at The Barn at Magnolia Acres in Huntsville. As of now, that is still the plan. I have already been in communication with Prom sponsors, and we are working diligently to make this happen. We do have back-up plans in place if this date or location falls through. Now, remember there are things we can’t control - like whether every girl will get to keep her original hair appointment or whether every guy’s rental tux will get here on time. Those are details that you will have to manage on your own.
- Senior Awards Banquet is scheduled for Thursday, April 30. As of now, that is still the plan. To do this, we need your help…
*IMPORTANT – ALL SENIORS – SEND THE FOLLOWING EMAIL…
*Please send these emails in regular type/text format. Do not send pictures as they aren’t compatible with all devices being used at home. If you aren’t sure what the Green Form information is, please seen my next post.*
- Athletic Banquet is currently scheduled for Tuesday, May 5. This will likely be rescheduled for a later date in order to better include Spring Sports. The reschedule date will likely be after Graduation, but we will certainly allow and expect Senior athletes to attend. More information on this event in the coming weeks.
- Baccalaureate is scheduled for Sunday, May 3. This event will stay as-is unless another event gets moved. This service requires a totally different set-up in the gym, so we have to consider that. We also have a back-up plan for this event if things start to change.
- Graduation is set for Saturday, May 9 at 10:00am in the SHS gym. We want to keep this date the same as we know there have been a lot of plans made around it. We will do our best to keep it so. In doing that, students and parents should realize that we may have to put in place some attendance restrictions. Now…don’t panic! That’s a big IF, but it is certainly a possibility, and I want to be up front about that possibility now. We do have a back-up plan in place if this date doesn’t work out. Again, we are trying to wait until later to make as many of the decisions as possible. We will have a graduation ceremony. It is just a matter of when.
If the restrictions end on Friday, April 24 as currently scheduled, then we will have fifteen (15) days including weekends remaining with seniors. It is our commitment, to make the MOST of those fifteen days. We will all have to be flexible and understanding. Things may change last minute, and it may not go completely as any of us had planned.
Now, do your part. STAY HOME! GET OUT OF WAL-MART! STOP GOING TO YOUR FRIEND’S HOUSE! WASH YOUR HANDS! And hopefully, we will all be back together soon.